April Tech Roundup from EPS Global
The Critical Lowdown Podcast #2
For every tweet, blog post or photo there is a physical manifestation somewhere in the world. These manifestations are data centers.
The carbon footprint of Data Centers and their energy usage has come into sharp focus as climate targets loom and the climate crisis intensifies. How can open networking meet this challenge and bridge this gap?
Listen on: Spotify | Apple | Google
The Critical Lowdown Podcast #3
Our Head of Sales in Northern Europe and Africa, Mark Downey, sat down with Netomnia's Director of Networks, Feka Samakuva to discuss Netomnia's success in partnering with EPS Global and to answer the question:"How can ISPs harness Open Disaggregated Networking to Speed up Broadband Rollout?"
Listen on: Spotify | Apple | Google
Driving Sustainable Network Innovation with Open Telecom Technology
Mark Downey from EPS Global will be having a 'fireside chat' with Bhartendu Chaurasia, Head of Telecom Infra Project Technology EMEA, Meta/Facebook at the ISP Business Model Summit to talk about:
- Driving sustainable innovation for ISPs
- What is the Open Optical & Packet Transport Project Group?
- What are the Use Cases and highlights globally?
- Adoption & Real Deployments.
We have several unboxing videos in the pipeline, showcasing the lastest hardware from Edgecore, UfiSpace and more.
Subscribe on our YouTube channel now as not to miss our latest unboxing series, with Senior Systems Engineer Barry McGinley.
The disaggregated cell site gateway (DCSG) is a solution many service providers are deploying at their cell sites to perform multi-function backhauling. The DCSG combines the benefits from a versatile white box platform with an open networking ecosystem of developers to create its service features.
This article will be an attempt to create the ultimate guide to disaggregated cell site gateways.
Much has changed in the networking industry in the last 30 years. Chasms have been crossed. We’ve navigated countless paradigm shifts, and through it all, one thing has never changed: IT decision-makers buy from people and brands they trust.
What are some of those core customer benefits that open networking can deliver?
The Edgecore DCS240 is spine switch for high-performance data centers, providing line-rate L2 and L3 switching across the 32 x QSFP56-DD ports, each supporting 1x 400GbE or 1x 100 GbE, or via breakout cables 4x 100 GbE or 4x 25 GbE.
The DCS240 can be deployed as a spine switch supporting 100/400GbE spine interconnects.
- Incorporates Broadcom Trident 4 switch series silicon for non-blocking line-rate performance.
- 1 RU form factor.
- Supports hot/cold aisles with front-to-back and back-to-front airflow SKUs.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant 1300w PSUs.
- 5+1 redundant, hot-swappable fan modules.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with ONIE for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with SONiC open source network software in Q2.
The MLTG-CN LR Terragraph certified client node (CN) supports IEEE802.11ay standard to deliver high-speed Internet in a noise-free and unlicensed 60GHz spectrum. With high-gain antenna and beamforming technology, MLTG-CN LR is suitable for long-range deployments. The range can reach up to 1 km when paired with MLTG-CN LR. And it can reach up to 700 meters when paired with MLTG-360.
- Built-in phased array antenna with dish
- Frequency Band: 57-66GHz
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM
- 1x 2.5G Ethernet Port (PoE IN); 1x SFP Port; 1x 60GHz Radio
In Stock and Ready to Ship
The WF-808 product is designed to pluggable Wi-Fi network connectivity at home. With WF-808, customers can set up a smart Wi-Fi home network, which provides self-configuring, self-healing and selfmanaging,. It dynamically selects the most reliable Wi-Fi path and enables fast and seamless handoffs for end-users.
The WF-808 integrates the OpenSync control plane launched by Plume. OpenSync creates a multi-industry, open service curation, delivery, management and support framework. WF-808 supports to be managed by Plume cloud remotely. This allows for curation, rapid and scalable delivery, comprehensive back office management, and enhanced support of cloud-based services to the consumer.
- 2.4GHz 2x2 802.11b/g/n
- 5GHz 4x4 802.11a/n/ac
- BLE 5.0
- 6x Integrated Wi-Fi antennas; 1x Integrated BLE antennas
- 1x GE RJ45 LAN
- Supports OpenSync Control Plane
- Integrates with Plume Cloud management and Plume mobile management application