This RLT-1600G OLT offers 16x SFP based GPON interfaces in 1RU height. This comes with 160Gbps switching capacity and NNIs are 2x QSFP+ ports (40G / 4x10G) and 2x SFP+ ports (1G/10G)
The RLT series of OLTs are based on the industry-standard open architecture supporting GPON and XGS-PON with software based on the VOLTHA/SEBA reference architecture. The architecture brings in data-center driven cost efficiencies as a compact fixed-form factor solution with high port densities. This helps simplify deployments and reduce operating expenses.
From a programmability perspective, these OLTs have open APIs that utilize standard interfaces for all management functions, easing the integration into an SDN-controlled environment. In addition to being open, programmable and scalable, all embedded software functions in the OLT, including ONT management, PON provisioning and IGMP processing are virtualized. Radisys enables flexibility to deploy these virtualized functions either in distributed fashion running within the CPU inside OLT, or as a centralized function that can be hosted on an external server or public/private cloud. The flexibility enables operators to choose their preferred deployment model, allowing a traditional deployment model as well as an OpEx friendly cloud deployment model.
The Radisys RLTs offer all of the carrier-class features such as ONT management, clocking, VLAN tag manipulation, QoS, reliability of a traditional chassis-based OLT system with much more flexibility, scalability and an open architecture that cannot be matched by a closed, vendor specific chassis system.
Transform Your Broadband Access Network with Connect Open Broadband
Connect Open Broadband is a network-hardened solution based on open interfaces and open source software enhanced with Radisys innovation to help service providers bring new services to market faster and achieve economies of scale.
- Supports any combination of PON technology—GPON, XGSPON and NG-PON2—making the transition from proprietary black box solutions to virtualized, cloud-native and fully programmable software working with white box hardware-based network elements.
- Flexible deployment options allow service providers to evolve their networks at their own pace.
- Open software that is disaggregated from hardware with open interfaces, enable quicker product innovation cycles, increased automation and deeper network visibility.
- Microservices architecture and cloud-native design enables on-demand scaling and deployment agility.
- Enables CSPs to increase efficiency with an interoperable multi-vendor ecosystem that simplifies network operations with end-to-end orchestration for a seamless customer experience.