Microsemi's SmartFusion®2 Security Evaluation Kit makes it easy to develop secure embedded systems and provides the best-in-class solutions for both Design Security—when protecting your design IP is critical; and Data Security—when protecting application data is necessary. The kit provides a cost-effective SoC FPGA platform for developing cost-optimized SoC FPGA designs using Microsemi's SmartFusion2 System-on-Chip (SoC) FPGAs, which integrates inherently reliable flash-based FPGA fabric, a 166 MHz ARM®Cortex®-M3 processor, advanced data security features, DSP blocks, SRAM, eNVM, and industry-required high-performance communication interfaces—all on a single chip.
In addition, the SmartFusion2 Security Evaluation Kit comes with a large 90K LE device to make it easy to develop transceiver I/O-based FPGA designs to build PCI Express® and Gigabit Ethernet-based systems and also have room for large IP blocks to complement the design. The board is also small form-factor PCIe compliant, which will allow quick prototyping and evaluation using any desktop PC or laptop with a PCIe slot. The kit enables you to:
- Evaluate the Data Security features of SmartFusion2 SoC FPGAs including:
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- SRAM-PUF (Physically Unclonable Function)
- Random Number Generator (RNG)
- Develop and test PCI Express Gen2 x1 lane designs
- Test the signal quality of the FPGA transceiver using full-duplex SERDES SMA Pairs
- Measure the low power consumption of the SmartFusion2 SoC FPGA
- Quickly create a working PCIe link with the included PCIe Control Plane Demo
The board includes an RJ45 interface to 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 512 Mb of LPDDR, 64 Mb SPI Flash, and USB-UART connections, as well as I2C, SPI, and GPIO headers. The kit includes a 12 V power supply but can also be powered through the PCIe edge connector. Also, included is a 1-year free Gold License for the Libero®SoC software toolset to enable FPGA development and to utilize the reference designs made available with the kit.